Boulevard strives to publish only the finest in fiction, poetry, and non-fiction. While we frequently publish writers with previous credits, we are very interested in less experienced or unpublished writers with exceptional promise. If you have practiced your craft and your work is the best it can be, send it to Boulevard.
To get a feel for style, content, quality, and form of the work we publish try a sample issue or subscription.
Accepting submissions from October 1 to May 1
- Submit online through Submittable (link below). No email submissions will be read.
- Include author's name and contact information on all submissions.
- We allow simultaneous submissions, but please immediately withdraw work that has been accepted elsewhere.
- We accept multiple submissions but wait at least a month between entries.
- Work submitted must be previously unpublished, print and online.
- Authors retain rights to their work from the time of publication in Boulevard.
- Please no handwritten submissions.
- Cover letters with previous credits are not required.
- We accept international subscriptions, for both the general submissions and the contests.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Our average response time is four months. Please do not query before then.
- Send only complete, fully proofread work. We will not consider revisions--this is too difficult administratively for our small staff.
- For response include a SASE.
- There is a $3 fee to submit online. There is no fee to submit by post.
- We accept works up to 8,000 words.
- We do not accept science fiction, erotica, westerns, horror, romance, or children's stories.
- Submit no more than five poems at a time.
- We accept poems of up to 200 lines.
- We do not accept light verse.
- Prose minimum is $100, maximum is $300
- Poetry minimum is $25, maximum is $250
4125 Juniata St. B
Saint Louis, MO 63116
Because of the high volume of submissions received, Boulevard makes no assurances and is in no way responsible for unsolicited manuscripts that are lost, damaged, or misplaced for any reason whatsoever.